Saturday, March 31, 2007

Job Search Hack - Client Is Confidential?

Several months ago I was contacted by a search firm that was conducting a "confidential" search for a client of theirs in Chicago. This happened late in the day on a Friday. The search firm indicated that they came across my name through the course of business networking. We had a brief telephone conversation and during the course of the discussion the search associate told me that they were not at liberty to reveal the name of their client. I asked them to send me the position specification so I could take a closer look and further evaluate the opportunity.

The specification came via email as promised, with an added bonus, the identity of the client company. Huh?? - By using the file>properties option on the Microsoft Word attachment, I could clearly see the name of the client they were working for. It seems that many administrative assistants who take formalized training in Microsoft Office Suite are instructed to complete these fields. Amazing yet simple.

No comments: